General conditions of use
Access to Digitalbigbang.co.uk
We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. Your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
License for website access
Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK grants you a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it except with the express written consent of Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent.
You may not frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of thebigbangfair.co.uk and its affiliates without express written consent.
You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilising thebigbangfair.co.uk or its affiliates' names or trademarks without the express written consent of Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or license granted by Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK.
You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to pages of thebigbangfair.co.uk as long as the link does not portray Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK’s logo’s or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without our express written consent.
Copyright & trademarks
All content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and database right laws.
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the website for lawful purposes only.
You must not use the website for any of the following:
- for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- to send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any "spam"
- to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
When you visit thebigbangfair.co.uk or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the website.
Because thebigbangfair.co.uk might include and host thousands of pages of content, links and comments; it is not possible for us to be aware of the contents of everything displayed. Accordingly, Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you believe that any content on, or advertised for sale on, the website contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately by following our Notice and Procedure for Notifying of Defamatory Content. Once this procedure has been followed, Big Bang Education CIC and its parent company EngineeringUK will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
Big Bang Explore: My idea challenge
The My Idea Challenge is an optional challenge that all visitors to the Big Bang Digital can enter online via email.
Rules, terms & conditions – My idea challenge
- The My idea challenge will launch Tuesday 14th July and submissions will close Monday 31st August. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Entry to the challenge is open to students aged 11 - 19 studying / training in the UK only. Entries may come from individuals or teams (of any size) from the same educational institution or community group (e.g. Scouts / Guides).
- Entry to the challenge is via email submission only. Emails must be sent from adults aged 18 and over only. Entrants aged 18 and over must provide their initials, age and school/college/community group. Entrants under 18 must ask an adult to email their entry with entrant’s initials, age, school/college/community group and stating their relationship to the entrant. incomplete entries, or emails sent by entrants aged under 18, will not be accepted.
- Entries may be in the form of a picture, short video or description. Descriptions may be written into the email body and pictures / videos should be attached to the email. There should be no information identifying the student(s) at any time.
- Entries will be judged by the Big Bang team, according to the criteria set out on the Big Bang Explore activity resource on the Big Bang Digital platform: https://www.digitalbigbang.co.uk/
- There will be up to 5 winning entries for the My idea challenge and the judges’ decision is final.
- Schools/community groups/families will be informed by email after the closing date if they have supported a winning entry.
- Students who submit a winning entry will receive a drone supplied by Raytheon. If the winning entry is submitted by a team of students, they will share the drone amongst their team. The school / community group of the winning students will also receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
- The drone supplied by Raytheon is the YUSH FPV RC Drone with Camera 720P HD Quadcopter with Adjustable Wide-Angle Live Video Headless Mode 2.4Ghz 4 Ch 6 Axis White
- Winning entries will be required to provide a delivery address to receive prizes. This information may be shared with Raytheon for delivery purposes only; you will be contacted to check permission if you are successful.
- Winning entries may be shared online and on social media channels, you will be contacted to check for permission if you are successful.
- The Big Bang Team reserves the right to revise these rules and regulations at any time. Should it be necessary to do so, the Big Bang Team will make every effort to communicate any changes to interested parties as quickly as possible.